Bellydancing in Kimono

Friday, April 07, 2006

Ummm...

It's been brought to my attention that people actually read my blog once in a while.
Eek!
I've finally finished a bedlah I've been working on for about a year. I still need to make some accessories, but I think it is way hot.
I promise I will post pics soon. Maybe even with my Isis wings (although there's not enough room for me to really even dance with them).
I've kind of been in a dancing rut lately. This damned winter has slowed me down. My weight never fluctuates, but I think I've gained a pound or two- at least I'm slightly softer than I was.I guess it's just more to shimmy with!
The dance community here is so annoying. They invite me to class, but then act like they are this big established group and imediately make me feel like an outsider. Then I'm invited to a day of workshops where I have to pay $60 for all the classes if I actually want to dance in the gala show that night. There is no f-ing way I am taking some crazy lady's "Goddess Dance" workshop or taking technique classes from lame dancers (I've seen them dance- I don't want them telling me how to "polish my performance"). Sorry about the rant. It's just such a small community, but it still feels exclusive and annoying. The event organizer made me feel like she only wanted my money too. >_< No one was outright mean or anything, but when you say "I'm not interested in paying for classes I don't have any desire to take" the response that I should come and pay more money to them so I could sell stuff to other dancers was less than exciting...

My latest kimono experiment:
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket

1 Comments:

  • At 5:46 AM, Blogger Misuchi said…

    Love your fan outfit! It's so chique. really nice it looks cool to, as in "fresh"
    Sad to hear your dancing isn't as fun yet... these groups sound like a pain, I hope things will get better soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home