Bellydancing in Kimono

Monday, December 12, 2005

Sewing Projects

I've made friends with my serger and my sewing machine. Right now I'm working on a baby blanket for my coworker's new grandson. I bought this lovely fleece fabric that is kinda patchworked (with a serger)together with blue, green, and yellow squares. I added batting between two layers and quilted the blanket and now I just have to serge the edges to finish it. I think it wil look pretty cute.
My mom is giving me three serger feet for Christmas so I can do fancy ruffles and those pretty lettuce leaf hems using a rolled hem and fishing line. Like this dress' hems: http://www.rpmerleon.com/ishop/product_info.php/products_id/703?osCsid=3887cfb90a61db3f53578fbd5d1d1fb5

I bought some lovely moderately heaving microsuede-ish fabric that has a lovely japanese inspired print on it (flowing water and flowers on a black background). It has a nice drape and I think I'll make a skirt out of it.
I also found a really pretty color blue of stretch velvet and I bought a ton of it (can't beat $1.50/yard...) so I can make another belly dance outfit (maybe even a dress). I want to pair it with silver fringe which I think I'll actually purchase this time instead of taking months to string it myself.

I have some action shots of myself in my new egyptian bedlah which I want to put up sometime soon. I'm hoping my uncle can perform his Photoshop magic on it and give the pictures a new background instead of a view of his daughter's play-room (hey, you dance where you can...).

And, my last silly thing is that I pre-ordered silver Isis wings from Akai Silks. They won't get here til January or February, but they were very reasonable and I know the quality is very good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home